Breastfeeding Support & Education
We believe that the decision to breastfeed your baby is one of the most important choices you will make as a parent. Breastfeeding provides essential nutrition that has significant health benefits to your child's early and long-term health. Every drop is a gift.
We also understand that breastfeeding can present great challenges for some families. We would love to help with a lactation consultation! We seek to provide holistic, compassionate and respectful care to women through all states of breastfeeding and lactation. We have a passion for working with moms and babies and would love to help you have a successful breastfeeding experience.
Our lactation support services are a collaboration between Nurse and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), Carolyn Mathews, and Nurse-Midwife, Becky Schayes. As a dynamic team, they provide a comprehensive approach to postpartum care for both mother and baby. Care includes:
- Education regarding infant cues and feeding patterns.
- Assistance with latch and positioning to maximize comfort and milk transfer for optimal growth.
- Individualized feeding and care plans to optimize breastfeeding success.
- Coordination with care team, including PCP, maternity care provider, and pediatrician as needed.
- Phone and email follow-up.
- Specialties include: difficult latch and sucking issues, tongue tie, sore nipples, engorgement/mastitis, slow infant weight gain, milk supply concerns, jaundice, twins & preemies.
- Hospital Grade Breast pump rentals if needed are available for our clients.
We offer two options for families seeking breastfeeding support and education:
- In-Clinic Visits: Available Monday-Friday during our normal business hours 8:30am-5:00pm. You can call our office at (360)526-2185 or schedule on line by clicking on the appointment tab above. These visits can be billed through insurance, though benefits can vary based on individual plans. See our Insurance Information page for more details.
- Home Visits: Availability varies. Please call our office to schedule. These visits cannot be billed directly insurance and are done on a self-pay basis with payment due at the time of service. See our Insurance Information page for more details.
"A mother's worth is not measured in ounces"