We are contracted and able to bill directly all major health insurances including Apple Health, Molina, and Community Health Plan of WA. Benefits vary based on each plan. If you have concerns about the cost of your visit(s) with us, please verify specific coverage by calling your health insurance plan. The information listed below is meant as a guide only. If you have further questions, please call our office and we will do our best to help you. We are committed to helping you access the care you deserve.
Women's Health Care Visits:
- No referral is needed for women's health care visits.
- Annual exams are preventative care visits. If you have a known health care problem you want to address at the same time as your preventative care visit, please let our office know so we can schedule and plan accordingly to allow for enough time. This extra time may be billed as an additional office visit.
- If you are being seen for a health care problem or concern, your visit will be billed as an office visit. You may have a copay or coinsurance. You will be billed after it has been run through your insurance.
- Under the Affordable Care Act, all FDA approved methods of contraception are to be covered in full with no cost sharing to women. There are some grandfathered plans that do not have to follow these guidelines; if you are unsure, call your plan.
- Here are two links with more information from the National Women's Law Center:
In-Clinic Lactation Consultations:
- No referral is needed for lactation visits.
- Breastfeeding services are billed to your insurance as office visits through our insurance contracts held by our ARNP.
- Under most circumstances, a bill will be submitted to your insurance for both mother and baby.
- If you have concerns about what your visits will cost, call you insurance to ask about your "OFFICE VISIT" benefit, making sure to find out whether or not this benefit is subject to your deductible as well as how it applies to your newborn.
- For more information about breastfeeding and the law you can visit the link to the National Women's Law Center
Home Lactation Consultations:
- We are unable to bill insurance directly for home visits.
- Home visits are offered on a self-pay basis and payment is collect at the time of the visit.
- As a courtesy, you will be given a bill that you can choose to submit to your insurance company for your reimbursement.
- The IBCLC providing the care at your home visit(s) is out-of-network and/or non-contracted with insurance companies.
- Your insurance may or may not reimburse you for all or any part of your home visit.